Orthopedic & Sports MedicineOrthopedic Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine in Wasilla, Alaska
Orthopedic physical therapy (PT) is the cornerstone of our practice. The primary role of orthopedic physical therapy in Wasilla is helping patients recover from injuries or disorders of the muscle and skeletal system. Our physical therapists are board certified orthopedic specialist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of clients with orthopedic conditions.
Orthopedic physical therapy in Wasilla can benefit clients through recovery or prevention for a wide range of conditions:
- Spine problems including disc herniation and radiculopathy
- Low back pain and pelvic ring disorders
- Neck pain and Headaches
- Arthritis and Degenerative joint disease
- Post-operative joint replacement
- Shoulder problems including frozen shoulder and shoulder separation
- Hip and/or pelvic pain
- Foot and ankle problems
- Knee injuries – ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament), PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament) MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament), LCL (Lateral Collateral Ligament) and Meniscus injuries.
Orthopedic physical therapy in Wasilla offers clients a thorough assessment of the entire movement system involving joints, muscles and ligaments of the kinetic chain. After a thorough assessment to identify the source of pain or mobility problem, an individualized treatment program will be tailored to your unique needs, utilizing a range of treatments, including:
- Manual therapy techniques such as dry needling and joint mobilization to improve limited motion
- Therapeutic exercise to restore performance by increasing muscle strength and endurance
- Techniques to improve neuromuscular control and improve movement patterns
- Bracing/Taping to support proper joint mechanics and prevent pain and further injury
- Orthotics to prevent malalignment and correct deficits that may delay recovery
- Education about self-management techniques such as the use of kinesiotape and heat/cold
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will it take for me to feel better and get back to sports or work?
A: There’s no right answer to this question because each person is unique and there are so many variables that can affect the length of time it takes to recover. Our certified orthopedic PT specialist work closely with you to establish realistic expectations and goals.
Q: Why the emphasis on education and self-management?
A: Our primary goal is to get you on the path to healing in the quickest manner possible. Common orthopedic problems such as sprains and tendonitis, require significant healing time and modification of activities. Your participation is crucial to a successful recovery.
Northern Edge Physical Therapy understands the challenges faced by those suffering orthopedic and sports-related injuries. We provide rehabilitation for patients of all ages with both acute and chronic conditions. Our clinicians are experienced and skilled to provide you with the latest and most effective treatment techniques available for your orthopedic condition.