Virtual WellnessPhysical Therapy in Wasilla, Alaska
Stay healthy during this time of uncertainty. Our therapists will conduct a virtual consult for clients that are remaining at home. We will use both VIDEO and AUDIO so that we can have a two way communication during these physical therapy visits.
Northern Edge Physical Therapy has a diverse client base with many clients in a compromised health status or living remotely. There may be extreme situations (i.e. national disasters/crisis) which may prevent some clients from accessing clinical care. In order to provide safe and effective care for all clients, telehealth must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Signed consent (available on-line via northernedgept.com)
- Secure telecommunication or approved alternate methods during crisis
- Video storage or real-time to assess and guide movement / exercise
A licensed provider (PT/ATC) will conduct a free telehealth session with clients who have failed to schedule appointments or cancelled all future appointments.
- Clients are encouraged to schedule an insurance covered Evisit or telehealth visit
- Review of current situation and client’s condition to determine if on-site clinical care is safe and necessary
- Provide wellness-guided instruction based upon the Wellness SAFE
- Document and schedule future sessions via MINDBODY
A licensed provider (PT) will conduct a billable virtual session with Medicare clients who have a current physician referral to physical therapy if they failed to schedule appointments or cancelled future appointments.
- Clients will be advised of CMS guidelines for Evisits
- Physical Therapist will perform exam and treatment in accordance with CMS telehealth guidelines and complete documentation/billing via Clinicient
A licensed provider (PT) will conduct a billable telehealth session with insured clients who have a current physician referral to physical therapy if they failed to schedule appointments or cancelled future appointments.
- Clients will be advised of their respective insurance coverage for Telehealth
- Physical Therapist will perform exam and treatment
- Documentation and billing will be completed via Clinicient
Designing Exercise and Activity programs requires the following:
Progressive tissue loading (Warm-up, Activate, Mobility, Strength, Balance, Functional)
Adhere to Protocol if post-surgical
Respect Precautions & Contra-indications
Know the Problem / Treat the Imbalance (Weakness, Instability, Stiffness)