Continuing EducationSeminars, workshops and more for physical therapists
Gibbons and Tehan Spinal Manipulation
Essentials Course – October 3-5, 2020
Peter Gibbons and Philip Tehan are 1975 graduates of the British School of Osteopathy. Peter is also a medical doctor, and Philip is also a physiotherapist. They are fabulous teachers, expert practitioners, and hilarious individuals. You will learn, you will laugh, and you will get to know other manual therapists from all over the U.S.!Therapists and physicians from 20+ states attend each year, and many keep coming back. More than 500 attendees over the past decade rate the Gibbons and Tehan courses as “THE BEST EVER!”
ESSENTIALS COURSE OBJECTIVES:
At the completion of Essentials, participants will be able to:
Discuss current best evidence relating to the use of High Velocity Low Amplitude (HVLA) thrust techniques.
Describe risks and benefits of HVLA thrust techniques as applicable to each region of the spine.
Demonstrate enhanced proficiency in pre-thrust spinal positioning in the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacroiliac regions.
Demonstrate enhanced proficiency in the delivery of HVLA thrust techniques for cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacroiliac regions.
Describe and demonstrate the spinal positioning and locking used in upper cervical, cervicothoracic, and lumbosacral HVLA thrust techniques necessary to ensure patient comfort and safety.
Demonstrate proficiency in delivery of HVLA thrust techniques for the upper cervical, cervicothoracic, and lumbosacral spine.
- Level 1 Fascial Manipulation – FM-1b: Physiology, Assessment, and Treatment – May 2018
- Level 1 Fascial Manipulation – FM-1a: Basic Principles of Fascial Manipulation – April 2018
- Myopain Seminars Dry Needling Course Program DN-2 (Foundations II): Oct 14-16, 2016
- Myopain Seminars Dry Needling Course Program DN-3 (Advanced): Jan 20-22, 2017
- Systemic Dry Needling for Sport Performance: Aug 14-16, 2016
- Myopain Seminars Dry Needling Course DN-1 (Foundations I): May 20-22, 2016